Shop Til You Drop


August 10, 2015

Yesterday I was trying to research things to do in Tokyo. I had been here a few times before so I didn't plan anything and left it all up to my friends and family to decide. This morning, we all kind of got started at different times of the day. Jack and Andrews had gotten up a little earlier and went out to get breakfast on their own. Me and my sisters were a little slower to get started. After talking with the guys on what they wanted to do, I decided that maybe we should split up today and then come back together later in the evening.


So we did just that. My sisters and I first headed out to get something to eat. We stopped by a ramen place on the way to the station. The portion of noodles was a lot! My sisters could barely finish their food! After breakfast, I wanted to show the girls a view of the city from the City Government Building in Shinjuku. I had gone there a year before with Bao but being that the view was free it was an easy choice to go. Once we got some photos and new knowledge about the city in, we headed to the station to meet up Josh and head to Harujuku. All the guys ended up coming with us to Harujuku after meeting up with Josh. So we all headed down their together. Harujuku is just streets and streets of shopping. As you might know, shopping with girls and boys can be a tricky thing. Girls want to go into one store and boys want to go into another. So we ended up splitting up midday. I actually enjoyed that more because then the boys didn't have to wait for us and us for them.



Me and my sisters spent the whole afternoon walking into shops, window shopping and actual shopping. I think the girls enjoyed the sights and even bought  few things too. One fun place we went was this bakery that Christina was really interested in. She told us that here was the place where cronuts were invented. I've never had a proper cronut but I sure love croissants and donuts so I was up to try it. Luckily for us there wasn't a line outside when we got to the cafe. Actually we went to the cafe twice! The first time my sister just wanted to look but then after walking away from the cafe she wanted to go back to buy something. I thought it was cute how she was trying not to be so greedy about it but I say enjoy! She ended up buying two different things. They were all sold out of cronuts but we got other goodies that looked just as delicious. There weren't any seats inside so we went and sat along the street to enjoy our goodies. Once biting into one of the croissant like goodies I think a part of my died inside. It was SO yummy!!! This was definitely a good place to stop. I wish I could of eaten more!!




After spending most of our day in Harujuku, we continued south, I figured next we could see the life size Gundam model in Odaiba. The boys had said they wanted to go there earlier in the day but I had no idea what their time schedule was like. Luckily for us, when we finally got to the Gundam we ran into the boys too! They had told us they also did a lot of shopping and had been admiring the Gundam for some time already. The model was really awesome up close and in person. I am not really in to Gundam but I can appreciate a piece of art when I see it. Along with running into the boys, we also had really good timing to catch the light show at 7:30! I had researched before and saw that three times in the evening, the Gundam lights up and there is actually a small presentation projected onto the mall's wall behind the model. So we sat and waited. Once the show got started it wasn't all that impressive for me but the boys seemed to enjoy it. When the show was over, me and the girls were really tired but had plans with Toshi that night so knew we had to get some rest in before the night really started. We said bye to the boys, who wanted to check out one more thing, and headed back to the hotel.

As for dinner, we just wanted to rest and eat something easy so got some take out on the way back to the hotel. It was actually really nice to just lounge and eat in a comfortable place. Once we were done with eating, we all got dressed to go clubbing in Tokyo!





At about 10:30pm, me and my sisters met out Toshi and Jack. To my delightful surprise, Yan and Tomo were also with them! Yan and Tomo I had also met before and was happy to see them again. To begin the night, we went to an izakaya like the night before but in a different location. We were in Shibuya now. The boys were a bit late to meet us up but came after an hour. After drinks, drinks, and some food, it was already getting pretty late. So with Toshi leading the way, we headed to club T2 in Shibuya. I was really excited because I actually really enjoy clubbing, not for the potential to meet guys but for the loud music and opportunity to dance. There was an entrance fee to get in but luckily for me, I'm a girl so it is not as expensive as boys and we also had two drink tickets included so I thought the price was not so bad (2,000 yen). Once inside, we saw the place was packed! We did a walk around to scope out the area. Like every packed club, the bathroom was small and had a line, the dance floor over packed with sweaty hungry looking men and it was really hard to move around. We tried dancing on the dance floor for a few minutes but couldn't take it any more. I decided to go to the back of the club near the bar. There was a bit more room there and it made sense that we would enjoy our time there more than the crowded dance floor.




The night was really fun after we found our little spot. Everyone was having a good time dancing and no one got lost or in a fight. I had no idea what time we would stay out until but it ended up being around 4am when we left the club!! You know how late night after drinking in Houston you would want junk food like Jack in the Box or Whataburger? Well in Japan the late-night-after-drinking-food is RAMEN! So we went to this ramen place near by to each have a bowl. It was so delicious and much needed!



I had a really good time partying with my Tokyo friends as well as my Houston family. By the time everything was done the sun was already up!! I know my family doesn't usually party like this back home so it was fun to have them party till the sun up here in Japan with me. I have no idea what we are doing today but first we all need some sleep!! Good night!



xx
t

Comments

Popular Posts