Last Days


August 16-18, 2015

The past few days have been bittersweet. Fun because I get to still be with my sisters but sad because I knew they would be leaving soon. For the last few days, we took it pretty easy, staying around Osaka and near by apartment.

On Sunday, Christina had an appointment with Benny to get some tattoo work done. While she was doing that, Junya and Catherine did some shopping near by. I tried my best to divide my time between the two groups but was pretty worn out by it all. This is technically Christina's second tattoo but first one of a decent size. I was a little worried about her pain threshold but knew she wasn't going to cry and chicken out in the middle of it.



On Monday, me and the girls had a free day to do anything. I suggested going to Kyoto since we hadn't gone yet but I think by this point of the trip, the girls just wanted to bum around my apartment, clean their clothes, and pack up their things. I didn't protest as it was less work for me and less time in the blistering heat.

For their last night, Junya was kind enough to take us out for Korean BBQ. We went to Tsuruhashi by car and had a fairly nice meal together. Junya couldn't go with us to the airport on Tuesday morning so the girls had to say bye to him that night.

Tuesday morning came around and it was time to head to the airport. My sisters lugged their things down the five flights of stairs, something they said they wouldn't miss. I wouldn't blame them. When going to the airport I wasn't sure if I was going to cry or not. I had to go to work after so didn't want to be a mess getting there. When we got to the airport, I watched as my sisters got themselves checked in and their luggage onto the transport belt. It was a strange moment watching them take care of themselves in such a grown up environment. I constantly have to remind myself that my sisters ARE growing up...they ARE becoming adults and they won't always need me. I actually felt really proud that they are capable of handling their own things.

I soon had to be getting to work. The train from the airport took a while to get to the office in Umeda so I had to leave them around eleven. Sigh. The moment had come. There we were, the three of us in a hug circle trying not to cry. I do admit, tears definitely fell as I was trying to contain myself. My sisters are the closest thing to me and it was sad knowing I woudn't have them physically around anymore. I would really miss their humor, their ability to make me laugh, gross me out, push my buttons, and ease my stress. I would especially miss the laughing. No one can make me laugh like my sisters do. The past two weeks have been the best summer and even though I was so stressed about them coming and even when they were here, I am so so thankful God had given us this moment in life, kept us safe, happy, protected and fed, to be together. I won't ever forget this summer and am so thankful He let me see my family. Safe flight back sisters! Until Christmas!!

Big thank you and huge I LOVE YOUs to all those who made my summer perfect. :)



xx
t

Comments

Popular Posts