Meat, Meat, MEAT!


August 12, 2015

Getting back to Kansai this morning took forever! I have taken nightbuses from Tokyo before but never like this. I couldn't believe how delayed we were. We were suppose to arrive in Umeda at 8am but instead we didn't get there until noon!!! Luckily, my siblings were drifting in and out of sleep and no one was complaining to me. Once we finally got to Umeda, we went to get something to eat. We had not really seen the Umeda area but with backpacks and sleepy eyes, it was a little difficult to enjoy the views. We did go up to the Umeda Sky Building though. It was right by the bus terminal so we decided to go up and see what the sites were like. There actually was a floating garden at the top but entry fee was 800 yen and no one wanted to see it that badly.



After leaving Umeda, we all went back to our hotels or in my case, my apartment. It was SO nice to be in my apartment. The girls and I relaxed until dinner time. Tonight I had plans with my older friends Ash, Taka and Nori. Nori was kind enoug to arrange a dinner at a yakiniku place in Osaka. So around 8 pm, we all met together for dinner. Along with Nori was his wife and daughter. I had met them before at a matsuri last year so was already familiar with them. There were a lot of first introductions though.



In the whole trip I had yet to take anyone to a yaki niku place so was happy they would get to experience it here. It was a course menu with all you can drink so you guessed it, drinks and food were flowing! Everyone got along really well and I was happy that so many people could come out. The meat was delicious! Even though my friends are older than me and my family, it was awesome to see everyone getting along with one another. Afterwards, we still wanted to keep the party going so w went to a near by bar. It was also Josh and Jack's last night in Japan so they wanted to celebrate it a little longer. My friend Mariko also joined us.




After the second bar, me and my sisters had to run to catch the last train. So we quickly said our good byes. The boys wanted to stay out and it sounded like they were headed to karaoke. I have had enough karaoke for a while so hope they have fun with out us!!







xx
t

Comments

Popular Posts