Sakura Season.

So today started with some shopping for the apartment again. I feel like I'm spending so much but luckily the 100 yen shop, Daiso has alot of things I need. Today for lunch I cooked some chicken with veggies! Turned out pretty good if you ask me. Yes, what I'm cooking now is pretty basic college type food, but for someone who doesn't really know much about it...I think I'm getting off to a pretty good start :)



After the busy work, I wanted to explore more of the nature thats in my prefecture, Nara. It was a little late to go to Kashihara shrine but instead I went to check out Mt. Miminashi. I see the mountain everyday as I go to the store and being that it is so close, I had to go check it out for myself. On Google maps I see that there is a shrine within the mountain. I'm not good at judging height and difficulty of hiking but being that it is so close, I just went. When I biked up to the base of the mountain I saw there was this awesome park with tons of kids and people sitting having picnics. On top of that, the park was lined with beautiful cherry blossoms! I feel so lucky to be here in a season in which they are blooming. They are truly so beautiful and lovely to be around.




Across the street from the park, I saw what was the entrance to Mt. Miminashi. I noticed an elderly couple going up the trails and another park guard go up a steeper entrance, I decided to follow the park guard. As I walked up, there were these little house-column type things lining the whole path. Unfortunately I couldn't read what each column said but I noticed the guard stopping and looking at each one closely.







Pass the columns and up some more, I came to the shrine that I saw on Google maps! It was very peaceful and quite, with barely anyone there. The only shrine I had been to prior was the one that was next to my training site in Osaka. When I went to that one, Becka had shown me this process you do...starts off with giving a small donation (if you like) and then bowing, shaking the bell, clapping and saying a prayer or wish...don't ask me the order I kind of forgot. So when I got to the shrine at Mt. Miminashi I noticed that each shrine had the bell and rope/ribbon attached to it. I couldn't remember the exact procedure but I bowed, shook the bell, and said a prayer :)



After scoping out the shrine, I noticed I wasn't at the top of the mountain yet. The walk was really easy and nice so I was still up to get to the top. After following the trails and a sign, I think I had reached the top. I say think because it seemed really easy!!! The walk up and down was a nice break and way to get back into nature. Being that it is literally next to my apartment, I will definitely be going back here to think or get some air this year :)





When I came down from the mountain, I spent some time just sitting at the park looking at the sakura and laughing at how innocent kids are. When leaving the mountain, it was still light out so I decided to head to a resale shop to find a hair dryer. I'm SO glad my city has resale shops! You can find the best stuff there for so much cheaper. As I biked back to my apartment, I knew that there were a string of cherry  blossom trees not to far. I had to go get a closer look. I just can't get over how beautiful they are!! I didn't feel like such a foreigner taking pictures because I noticed other Japanese people doing the same thing. I'm starting to see why these things are so popular here now. They are all over and really are such a sight.




The day was finished off with cooking dinner, cabbage/carrot/mushroom soup and like a sweet and sour chicken with onions while watching Anchorman 2. Needless to say it was a really sweet day and my apartment is coming together more and more! Look forward to a post and video on that soon too!!

xxx

Comments

  1. & yes, GO EAT MORE SILLY. If you're exerting your body more than you are used to, you'll need energy! Energy = calories. Eat up woman. Especially since you're eating pretty healthy, it doesn't hurt to add more veggies or eat another serving. Sometimes if you think its just cravings, drink a glass of water and see if it'll go away. (Oh yah, drink tons of water!) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol ok ok ill eattt ill eatttt.....and yes i am drinking water too :) thanks for the tips sister!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts