Kyoto Hang Outs

Finishing up the work week I was super excited to get to Saturday. Becka and I  had plans to adventure in Kyoto for the day and we had a checklist of things to do. Luckily for me, I live an hour train ride away from Kyoto so it's pretty convenient to get there.

We met up around noon and just decided to walk around the city a bit. Catching lunch at a random cafe, I had okanamiyaki (again). Just seems like I can't get enough of it! The day was spent mostly walking around, stopping to snap photos, catching up in convos and laughs, and our favorite, people watching. I'm finding Japan is the perfect place to people watch. It's so interesting! Along with our wandering, we also got to hit up a pretty popular store here called LOFT. Becka first told me about it saying their stationary floor was amazing and a must see. Being a creative and sucker for cute things, I could already feel my money slipping out of my wallet.

When we got there, the store was super cute! There were so many things, three floors worth of cute lunch packing things, stationary things, notebooks, planners, art supplies, stickers, room supplies, bathroom things, and just aisles and aisles of kawaii (cute)!! I managed to contain myself and only walk out with a Milky brand day planner. It was so cute and calling my name so I had to get it.



The other thing on our check list was to go to Nijo Castle. Unfortunately for us, our roaming and wandering didn't get us to Nijo Castle until 4:45pm which we then found out they let the last people in at 4pm. We just had a quick look from the outside and decided more roaming was called for. I usually don't like wandering around but it was nice to just see what we could find. Small side streets in Kyoto are filled with unique store fronts or home fronts so the walk was pleasant.




Another thing that was on our Kyoto check list was to visit this tattoo shop Harizanmai to see an artist named Gotch. Many of you may know that I do have ink work and while I am here, I am definitely planning to get more. Gotch is an artist that was recommended to me by my friend Becka who's judgement I fully trust. So it just so happened his shop is in Kyoto. It's actually why I decided to go to Kyoto on this particular day was to meet him. So as night fell we found our way to his shop. It was exciting to be in a tattoo shop again even if I wasn't getting anything that day, just planning for it was really great. I won't reveal what I will be getting yet so stay tuned for it come Summer time!!

After Harizanmai, Becka and I got dinner at a familiar restaurant. As we enjoyed our bowls of ramen and good conversation, I couldn't help but notice the RnB music they were playing. It was pleasant for me and really added to the experience. Sure it didn't match the restaurant but it reminded me of home which is always a good feeling.

So after dinner and the cab back to the station, we parted ways and headed to our own cities. It's so unfortunate we lived so far away from each other but hopefully if God permits, we would be moving closer or more central after this year (we shall seeeeeeeee)!

It was really nice to be able to just hang out in the city with great company. After a long work week and being by yourself most of the week, it's really nice to see a familiar face and be able to speak English at your normal pace! Thanks for the day B!!


xxx

Comments

Popular Posts