Tokyo Times




March 18-19, 2015 

With one year under my belt, I was free for a couple weeks as it was Spring vacation!! At first, I didn't have much planned but then suddenly plans just spewed in filling up nearly everyday of my break. No complaints here! I love staying busy and having things to do. One of the very first events I had was visiting my friend Susan in Tokyo.

I originally met Susan on my birthday climb up Mt. Fuji. The stars aligned and God brought us together in an easy going, sisterly like friendship. Even though we lived in different places of Japan, we kept in touch since last August. She even came to visit me during October for Halloween. I wanted to visit Susan on such late notice because I had the free time, but also because she has family emergencies which prevents her from staying in Japan. She is originally from Australia and being that I didn't know when the next time I would see her is, I felt it was right to give her a visit on my first week off.

There are many ways to get to Tokyo from Kansai but I find the most time and cost efficient way is the night bus. So I booked my ticket online and spent Tuesday night sleeping on a bus bound for Shinjuku.



She had recently moved into an apartment with her boyfriend whom I was really excited to meet! The two days were really chill. We spent most the time walking around the city, eating, chatting, and just being silly together. Along with her boyfriend, Toshi, I also got the pleasure of meeting another one of her girlfriends, Yen from Singapore. The four of us had a pretty interesting night in Tokyo Wednesday night; starting with a Singaporean home cooked meal (thanks Yen!), to Sumo Lessons 101, to Japanese hippies and eating McDonald's nuggets with mustard, the night was really fun and easy. As for Thursday, Susan and I had a girls' day in, doing yoga, painting our nails, and making taco rice.




Even though this visit was short, I really had enjoyed the time I got to spend with Susan. It's amazing how life brings you together with people. Let it be forever or just a day, everyone comes into your life for a reason and I'm really hoping this relationship is a forever one!

Susan thanks for the fun times, laughs, and open heart! Praying for you and the fam and hope to see you soon!! 

xx
t

Comments

Popular Posts