Shoko's Birthday Shenanigans


March 21, 2015

So if you guys regularly follow up on me here, you'll know that I have a friend named Shoko. She grew up in Nara and rarely went to the city growing up. It's safe to say she is bit of a country girl. Well, with her birthday in March, I really wanted her to have a special birthday out. So with the help of my Osaka friend, Rika, I gathered up some people and put together a special party night for Shoko.



Rika was such a huge help. It was really amazing to me that Rika, along with Risa and Ami whom I met at the Yoshino camp, were willing to come to a party and throw down money even though they never met the birthday girl! Honestly, it was really sweet and made me really happy that my different group of friends could come together and get along so well. With the help of Rika's excellent party planning skills, she booked a table at this place that fully decorated the space with large glittery letters and even a slide show if you provided pictures! I think I was more excited than Shoko when I saw it all!!



Along with the girls, we also had a couple guy friends join us. The birthday package included dinner which consisted of a few different dishes as well as endless drinks and cake!! I couldn't be happier with how dinner turned out. It is always interesting for me to hang out with my friends here because most of them are Japanese. In this group, everyone was Japanese except for me! Of course I don't understand the conversations 100% but I really just enjoy watching and listening to everyone.




After we wrapped up dinner, everyone that was available to stay out all night went clubbing. I had been clubbing with Rika, Risa and Ami a few weeks prior to the party. One of the places we went was pretty fun so we decided to start there tonight. We spent a few good hours at the first place but decided to switch it up when the crowd was getting kind of bland. We ended dancing and drinking the night away at a late night club/bar called Pure. I've been to these places before but I always enjoy a good dance party so no complaints here! It's funny because last time I had gone all night partying with the girls, I wore platforms thinking I would be fine all night. I was wrong! Sure platforms aren't as bad as heels but dancing till 5am will definitely take a toll on you, and then I have to walk home from the station too! So this time I purposely wore sneakers. The other girls thought I had brought a second pair of going out shoes but nope, all night partying requires comfy shoes.



Needless to say, the party night was a success. Everyone had a good time drinking, talking, and dancing till morning. Thank you to everyone who came out and happy happy birthday Shoko :)

xx
t

Comments

Popular Posts