And then she was 21...


This is a special post for my baby sister who today on July 15, 2014, turned TWENTY ONE! It's the obvious mile stone because now, in America you can legally drink and buy your own alcohol using your OWN ID! But as we all know, she's been a party animal way before this day. :)

Dear baby sister,

I seriously can't believe you are twenty one...I mean twenty-freekin-one dude! It's crazy for me to think about because you are always that awkward, snaggle toothed, short haired rugrat who now has grown into a taller, still awkward, with straight teeth rugrat who has accumulated 21 years of added grossness. HAH! But no really, you are an incredibly important and close person to me and to see you reach 21 is really amazing. Especially because of the person you've grown into. Over the past few years I think it is safe to say we have grown much closer, regardless of the distance of where we each are. You are not only my baby sister but have become one of my bestest friends. You are a guaranteed good time with constant laughing, silly faces, weird body smells, and awkward tendencies. But along with your crazy faces and ugly sound effects, you have become such a BEAUTIFUL person with a wanderlust soul and caring heart. Everyone knows you are lovely but as your big sister I see you so much differently than everyone else. I see that quirky child who always loved being in front of the camera, being the host or playing house, I see that kid who loves to be in the kitchen pushing herself to perfect what ever bake goods she had in mind, I see that ambitious teenager who always saw things clearly, never letting anyone waste her time, I see that level headed young adult who can party like a rock star but still wake up for her morning class and bring home all A's. You know you are a part of me and I'm sorry I'm not there to share your day on your twenty first birthday. But I know you can feel my love even half a world away.

Just looking at all these pictures and putting this collage together for you has been enjoyable. I still can't believe your punk ass is 21! Thank you for always coming to bother me, show me your disgusting skin and boogers, fill my room with a stench that is unbearable, bake me yummy sweets to make me fat as you (hah!), be the only dance partner who could keep dancing as long as I wanted to, be my wing-man, share your closet with me, share in my love for ice cream, send me stupid pictures of your face to make me laugh, cheer me up on days that are grey, keep in contact with me no matter the distance, and be that ever loving little sister to me through out the years. I am SO excited for what's to come in your life. You have an ambitious soul and a pure heart, I know you will be great and I hope to God He let's me stay to see it happen. God bless you little one and Happy Birthday! (Now we can all go out together and never have to worry about ID issues again!! Hah!)

I love you forever Phin!


xxx your big sister,
Tien
And so the awkward rugrat...
Turned into this gorgeous thing!! haha! 
Happy Birthday and I Love You!!! xxxx


Comments

Popular Posts