Halloween 2015: Chola Take Over


October 31, 2015

So Halloween this year, luckily, fell on a Saturday. I actually really like this holiday cause you can dress up on what ever you want and be who ever you want. This year, my friend Becka has the idea of dressing up as Mexican Cholas (no offence to anyone intended, all in fun!!). I doubt many people know who they are in Japan but it would be a fun costume. I had never done this before, as Halloween was usually me dressing up as something cute. This year I was excited cause this costume wasn't going to be cute but so much fun.


If you don't know what a chola looks like, just Google it. Getting the costume together was pretty easy. I ended up finding the plaid button up from a resale shop and over sized Dickie shorts from Junya. The outfit came together really well. Now it was time to perfect the make up! I didn't want to draw super thin Sharpie eye brows but I went pretty dark. Also it was hilarious lining my lips with black eye liner. Wonder what I used as a guide? A YouTube video actually. It's crazy how you can literally teach yourself nearly anything now a days using the internet.


Anyways after my costume and make up was on point, I biked over to Becka's temporary apartment to start the night. It was hilarious seeing this girl from the UK, totally not ghetto at all, dress as a thug. Even funnier when she tried to do the accent! Once we were all ready to go, face, neck and hand tattooed up, we biked into Minami to grab some drinks and meet up with friends.



The scene around Minami and Triangle Park was crazy! There were SO many people out in all different sort of costumes. Some costumes were silly while others were so detailed you could tell people really put time into it. It was literally like a museum of people in costumes. It was so crowded to get to the convenient store but once we did, we loaded up on drinks and snacks for the night. I usually would grab a beer and call it a night but this night I was feeling a bit daring. So I got a small bottle of whiskey, a coke, mixed it together and had that the whole night. What a great idea too because it totally had me feeling good!!

The night was so fun, getting to meet up with friends, drinking and laughing together, being in a look that is completely different from my day self or any of the other girls walking around, and being able to call this one of my best Halloweens yet!



xx
t

Comments

Popular Posts