Girls Day Out


July 20, 2015

So today was a Monday but it was a holiday! I knew there would be a three day weekend and was originally planning to go to Hiroshima. But with the frequent typhoon Japan gets in the summer, my Hiroshima bus was cancelled and I was left with no plans. Luckily for me, Rika was down to make spontaneous trips and Risa was free to join!



So with only deciding yesterday, we woke up early this morning and quickly grabbed some things for a day out the the water. I didn't mind what body of water we went to as long as we could chill out in our bathing suits! Rika was a little more selective wanting to go to a pretty place. Being that she was going to be driving, I couldn't argue and really didn't mind. We decided to go to Lake Biwa. I had never been there before so was excited to go. The drive took about two hours to get there. When we had arrived, I saw it was like a camping ground for families. Rika had told me other parts of the lake had younger people but it was also noisier.



Once we arrived, we parked and unloaded the car. I feel like I made friends with just the right people because Rika and Risa had everything! From a small tent to a personal BBQ pit, they had brought it. So we set up for the day with out tent, chair, pit, and even floaties for the water. The day was spent cooking up weiners and butter covered mushrooms and drinking the afternoon away while being silly with a selfie stick. I got in the water today just to experience the lake but man was I sleepy by then! I nearly fell asleep on the water!



When late afternoon hit and we had to leave the camping grounds, we were all pooped and ready for bed. Risa fell asleep on the way to the lake and on the way back too! I was in shot gun so I stayed awake to keep Rika company. Plus I could imagine how tired she probably was too.

The day was unplanned and spontaneous but sometimes those are the best events. I'm incredibly thankful for these two girls and their willingness to spend time with me. Thanks girls for the not-wasted three day weekend!!


xx
t

Comments

Popular Posts