Cheers to Accomplishments



May 21, 2017

As Totem's time in Sendai come to a close, so does their Japan tour. It has been a long 15 months for the people of Totem and with 1.3 million people entertained, it is easy to say it has been a success for them here. Even though I am not directly connected to the show, a special person to me is, Caoliang. I have been lucky enough to have met him in Osaka and follow along his journey as he conquers more than just the Big Top stage.



To Caoliang: I am so proud of you for all your hard work this country. Truly your dedication and work ethics is something to admire and look up to. Many people may not of known your struggles like I have but, what can I say, you've handled everything with such class and maturity. Thank you for taking me along and allowing me to be a part of your life and travels. I couldn't be happier! Soon a much needed vacation and then back on that grind, but baby, I know you're going to rock those cities in Europe with no problem as you do now. I'm so SO proud of you :) I love you xxx





Along with Caoliang, another thing I feel really blessed to have are all the friends I've met through Caoliang at Totem. So many people from all over the world with different personalities, stories, and outlooks on life. It has been such a treat to be apart of these people's lives and they be part of mine. Massive thank you to all those who showed me kindness, sat and chatted with me in the kitchen, laughed and made jokes with me, said hello with kisses and smiles, opened up to me about themselves, and allowed me to be apart of their memories. You guys are awesome and will be missed!

If you couldn't guess, this is my farewell post to Sendai as well as Japan life. After Sendai, Caoliang and I will be closing our Japan stay with a holiday in Okinawa but really after that it's "sayonara" Japan for a while.

About my stay in Sendai following Caoliang, it's been awesome! I was nervous at first that I would be bored or find myself with a lot of free time but I actually wasn't! Thankfully, there was a massive gym to go to as well as yoga lessons at a near by yoga studio.

Yogacco has been amazing the past two months. Before, I would only practice basic yoga in my room using Youtube and had always wanted to try a real studio but was discouraged because of the high rates in Japan. But with the kindness Yoyo-sensei and her studio has given me, I was able to try any yoga class I liked while staying in Sendai. It was a dream! So for the past two months I've got to begin my Ashtanga practice as well as make some really fun friends. Thank you so much to the teachers there, especially Yoyo-sensei, Sam-sensei, Sao-sensei, and Eve-sensei. These are teachers I would see on a weekly basis who has helped me get better at something I've always wanted to try. Thank you so much for the past two months!!

Today is my last day in Sendai and the reality of leaving Japan creeps closer and closer. It's a mixed bag of feelings as I soon will pack my things and be getting a move on. Having such a relaxed life, not having to work, going to endless yoga classes, and waking up and falling asleep with my love has truly been a dream. Simply, I must thank God for this life.

Many things will be missed about Japan (possible future post topic by the way) but I also have many things to look forward to in the future. I'm not sure I will continue this blog after leaving here but no worries, I will of course keep you guys posted.

Anyways, Japan you have been wonderful. Sendai, you have been so relaxed but now it's time to switch gears and figure out my new life in a familiar city, Houston.

But first, VACATION TIME!!! Like I said before, Caoliang and I will be spending some time by the beach in Okinawa and then catching some circus shows and good times with familiar faces in Canada. So don't forget about me yet! Keep in touch for those posts :)

As always, thank you guys for reading and keeping up with me til now. You guys are amazing!!!



xx
t


(Oh yeah one more thing, that awesome photo at the beginning of this post was taken by my good friend Becka. Caoliang and I had a shoot with her in Kyoto before leaving Kansai. If you're lucky maybe I'll post more for ya!!)

Comments

Popular Posts