Electrox Beach Osaka




May 5, 2015

So if any of you have known me for more than the past four years, you would know that I use to really be into EDM (Electronic Dance Music). One of my favorite leisure activities is dancing. Not to say I'm a fantastic dancer because I'm not but I just love listening to loud music with amazing bass and groovin' to it. Lately, my taste in music has been way more relaxed and chill but that doesn't mean I don't crave a good dance party because I always do! Luckily, to fulfill my craving, I found an EDM event happening in Osaka during Golden Week, Electrox Beach Osaka. Back home, there would be an event nearly every other weekend so it was easy to go. Also many of my friends back home are into EDM so it is also easy to find people to go with. Here it is a little different. It is so rare that I know where to go to listen to loud, pumping electronic music. But with this event, I saw it was going to be an actual event with international djs such as Steve Aoki, W&W, and Rehab. I've seen nearly all the djs I cared to see that was on the roster but I was still keen to go to see how different an EDM festival would be here in Japan compared to the States. I asked the only other person I knew who listens to EDM music here, Junya to join me. Thankfully for me, he was down to go and even knew a group of his friends who were wanting to join.



So on the 5th, a Tuesday, I got my stuff together to meet up Junya and head to the festival grounds. Before going to the event, we met together with a group of his friends who were wanting to join us. It is always nice to meet new people especially if they have the same interests. Within the group was a brother sister duo, Carrie and Tenner. They were a bit younger than me and were born in Hawaii but grew up in japan. They were half American and looked full! They spoke Japanese but also understood and spoke English. People like Carrie and Tenner always interest me because of their background and life in Japan.



When we finally got to the festival grounds I was surprised at how small it was! I guess because I am use to much larger areas of space where it is literally a hike to get to another stage. But here, you could see both of the stages standing anywhere in the event grounds and there was only one bathroom area! Even with the small space, I fully enjoyed myself with new friends and loud music. The day was full of drinking, dancing and enjoying the sun. I was a bit disappointed in the djs' performances because they played so much old tracks but I tried to still look past that fact and enjoyed the opportunity to dance and hang out.



Sadly the event ended at 9pm with Steve Aoki closing out the show. It sucks it ended so early but makes sense for people who need to catch the train back home like myself. The day felt short but it was fun to hang with new faces and different environment.

Thanks Junya for agreeing to come with and not leaving me for water! Hah!




xx
t

Comments

Popular Posts