Costumed Crazies


October 31, 2014

Finally Halloween was here! I had been looking forward to this weekend because of the partying opportunity, three day weekend, but most of all because my friend, Susan was coming to visit from Tokyo. After finishing a five class day at one of the elementary schools, I headed home to find my house visitor hanging on my room floor. After hugs and smiles, we got into prep mode for the night. This year I decided to be a rocker. It was mostly because I wanted to wear a colored wig and also I had many of the accessories and make up already. Susan would be going as a doll and my co-worker from school, Shoko would be joining as well as a bank robber.



Once we all got dressed, we took the train into the city. It was funny getting looks from everyone but it was Halloween!! When we got into Osaka, we met up some of Susan's friends from Tokyo and Australia. Since no one had eaten, we all went to an izakaya to fill up on fuel first. I think our eyes were way bigger than our stomachs because too much food was ordered and filled our table to every edge! Needless to say, we were all stuffed.

There would be many things going on that night but I had planned to head to Triangle Park and to a club near by to see my friend Roki. On the walk to the park there were TONS of costumes and people stopping to take photos of all the interesting costumes. I saw many Waldos, Disney characters, and zombie versions of anything. Once we got to the park it was super packed! It was the most crowded I had ever seen it as well as the near by conbini that everyone buys their beers from. It was just awesome to look around and people watch. Locals and foreigners alike, the park and streets were jam packed.






Luckily for us, the club's event was free for foreigners so we spent the first half of the night dancing to loud, fast electronic music in a projector light room. It was fun to dance and be with friends and also to see everyone else being so festive.



The time had already been past last train so it meant we had to stay out till at least 5am! We knew this going into the night but when ever it's actually happening it's such a mission! We ended up finishing the night at a kareoke place just because many in the group wanted to sit down and be out of the crowded club.

The evening was long but fun. The costumes and people could definitely compete with Halloween in the States. Makes me really want to step it up next year!! I'm thankful for the good times, company and safety :) So cheers to Halloween Japan!!



xx
t

Comments

Popular Posts