Time for an Update!




On this special Sunday I  just wanted to give a shout out to my dad. As you know it is Father's Day in the States and also here in Japan.

Dad just wanted to tell you that I love you and that you have been a spectacular father, role model, inspiration, and guide through my life. I know growing up we've had differences and misunderstandings but I truly appreciate your tough love and constant wisdom (even if at first I fight you on it haha). I hope that you are happy, healthy and know that I'm sending hugs and smiles your way today and everyday!! Love you pops!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it's been a while since I've written. It's partially because I haven't had much super adventures lately but I figured I need to show yall some love so here are some updates on how I've been.

First of all, I can't believe its June! It's currently rainy season in Japan. What that means is that it rains often but also alot of sun, so it's pretty freakin humid most days. When checking the weather in comparison to back in Houston it's pretty similar. The difference here though is that I don't have a car and the schools in which I work don't have central AC (mostly just fans in the classrooms) and I spend more time outside than in Houston. So what's that mean, I'm sweating ALL the time!!! It's pretty unpleasant but hopefully it's not just me walking around like a sweat ball, it's all of Japan. Thankfully it hasn't rained too terribly. I'm not looking forward to the day it pours and I must make the bike ride to work while holding an umbrella and trying not to get ran over by a car.

In the past month I've got to make friends with some great Japanese people. It's been awesome because with them I find new places to eat and also get all my questions about Japan people, culture and language answered. It is also fun to have them ask me questions about America. I really never broke down the English language until being asked so much about it. I guess for native English speakers, you just know things are the way they are because they just are...but when having to explain "why" to someone learning English, it makes you question, why is English that way? But then again, when I ask my millions of questions to my Japanese friends they get the same feeling with Japanese.




A few weeks back I went on a mini car trip to the coast near Osaka. It was nice just to sit by the ocean and listen to waves crash.

Also recently I got started on a big "artistic investment." A few of you may know what that is but I'll just say its permanent...and it'll always be with me. HAH! But yeah that's been an exciting change and I'm stoked to see the ending results.






This weekend I didn't have any plans so I decided I would go to Osaka to have an adventure day. I planned to have lunch with a friend and then check out the art museum in Osaka and then perhaps some shopping since pay day just happened. When meeting up with Norie and her boyfriend Issei, we went to a Japanese buffet where we ended up spending three hours eating and chatting. By the time we finished it was a bit late to go to the museum so I just walked around Umeda with them for a few hours. They took me to Shin Umeda City Building which Norie told me is a popular building because of the architecture (just google it to get a better idea). The place was chill and the building reminded me of Lego blocks or something. After taking a rest there, we went to H&M where the red "pre sale" signs had hearts in my eyes. I hadn't gone shopping yet in Japan so I quickly grabbed anything I saw that I liked. I ended up walking out of the store with seven new items but only costing me about 4,300 yen. I love pre sale sales!!!



After parting with Norie and Issei, I headed to Yamatosaidaiji Station to meet up Tatsuya for dinner. We caught up over Jolly Pasta and finished the night off with Happy 4 You ice cream sale at Baskin Robbins. Yatta!! Everyone knows I love ice cream so I was a happy camper for the night.

School has been good for me. Last week I finished a week of elementary schools and this week I'm going into a week of junior high school. The students have been good and slowly but surely my Japanese is getting better. I'm pretty sure I know at least 150 Japanese words now!

Well I miss you all back home and pray for your safety and happiness. Thanks so much for reading and hopefully next time I'll have a more exciting update! I love you guys!

xx
t

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts